Southall Activity Centre
Longboat Row, Cranleigh Gardens, Southall, Middlesex. UB1 2BE
Southall Activity Centre (also known as SAC) is a 2.5 acre site set in a multi cultural suburb of West London. It is close to London Transport bus stops and, via bus, to the London Underground network.
It is about 1 mile from the mainline railway station of Southall which is on the London (Paddington) to South West line. Transport for London (TfL) travel cards and Oyster cards allow travel on all train, underground and bus routes which allows access to the whole of London with all its attractions. Road access is easy from the M25 (London Orbital) via the M40/A40.
The local bus route is the 120 connecting to Central line at Northolt, Piccadilly line at Hounslow and Southall main line.
Windsor Castle is approximately 11 miles away and is easily reached by mainline train. Thorpe Park and Chessington World of Adventure are approx. a 60 minute coach ride away.
A public swimming pool is a bus ride away and the centre is adjacent to a park with an athletic track, football pitches and tennis courts.
The Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal runs along the back of the site and is ideal for basic kayaking.
ContactPhil Thorne is our volunteer centre Warden and he may be contacted via:
- phone on +44 (0)7774 110854
- or e-mail: email@example.com
For enquiries and to request a booking form please contact the Warden, preferably by email. Please include a phone number.
- 2 acre camping/activity field
- Main Building - 18 metres x 6 metres activity room, 24 bed bunkhouse, 2 x 6 bed rooms, kitchen, toilets, disabled toilet, showers, central heating, tables and chairs, crockery and cutlery supplied.
- Small Building - kitchen, small activity room, 6 bunks.
- Campfire circle, ample woodpile, fire irons, bricks, altar fires, BBQ.
- Bouldering/traverse wall.
- Abseiling/climbing wall + equipment for hire. Please note that the climbing tower is currently not in use and it is planned to be replaced during the first half of 2022
- Direct access to Grand Union Canal (Paddington Branch) + various kayaks and equipment available.
- Archery equipment and nets for indoor use only.
- Air rifle shooting. Indoor range with three lanes. Air rifles, targets and pellets can be supplied.
- Large pioneering store.
- Car parking.
The activity centre is run on a "Do it Yourself" basis. You will be given instructions regarding keys and usage etc.
on confirmation of booking. You will be expected to leave the centre clean and tidy and securely locked.
Please note that EVIDENCE of authorisations/permits will be required before access will be allowed to "authorised" activity areas or equipment.
ChargesAvailable on request from the Warden.
Archery, climbing, kayaking and pioneering equipment available.
29 September 2020
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge marks start of Joint Presidency by thanking Scouts volunteers.
We're so pleased to announce that HRH The Duchess of Cambridge today becomes Joint President of the Scouts, working alongside HRH The Duke of Kent to champion the power of Scouting and oversee the council - our governing body.
The Duchess' first engagement as Joint President was a visit to 12th Northolt Scouts to thank them and all Scouts volunteers for supporting young people during lockdown. Making whirly bird helicopters with Cubs, she also encouraged Beaver Scouts as they made cards to send to a local care home.